On this week’s show, we spoke with Étienne Lacroix, Founder & CEO @ Vention. Etienne is a business leader and entrepreneur building and turning around engineering-intensive businesses. He is the founder and CEO of Vention, a software and hardware platform that enables manufacturing professionals to automate their production in just a few days.
Before Vention, he spent five years at McKinsey & Company as an Associate Principal with the Operations and Product Development Practices. In this role, he led enterprise-wide strategic, operational, and turnaround programs at global industrial and high-tech companies. Before joining McKinsey, he held various positions in product management, product development, and supply chain at General Electric as part of the Technical Leadership Program.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School, and a BA in mechanical engineering from the École de Technologie Supérieure.
On the show, we spoke about:
- Being an inventor from a young age
- Straight from the gut by Jack Welch and the ninja mindset
- Three questions to ask yourself in your career
- Vention’s mission and how they are reinventing manufacturing
- Their business model innovations from a product and go to market perspective
- The value of execution and being intellectually agile
- Raising money from world class investors and their plan to go big
- Vention’s unique culture
This interview was chock full of insights. Etienne is an inspiring leader and I was marvelled at the work they are doing. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at email@example.com