Raymond is a serial entrepreneur and investor. He is the founder of Hockeystick (a matchmaking system for startups and funders), Flow Ventures (a financial consultancy for startups), Year One Labs (an early-stage micro-VC fund), and others. He is passionate about entrepreneurship and removing barriers to raising capital through technology. He lives in Toronto with his wife who is a fashion entrepreneur.
On the show, we spoke about:
- How he started companies at a young age
- Needing confidence and capital
- The Canadian ecosystem developed over the years
- How Hockeystick connects startups with funders
- Managing his attention and time
- The importance of the pitch deck
Raymond has been in the game for a long time and his experience shone through during the interview. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would you like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org