On this week’s show, we spoke with Philippe Beaudoin, Co-founder and CEO @ Waverly. Philippe is a venture scientist constantly looking for ideas that can improve society. In 2020, he co-founded Waverly where his team and he are building a discovery engine for our increasingly diverse social and content landscapes. Waverly relies on natural language and Empathetic AI to let users connect with their true aspirations. Before that,in 2016, Philippe co-founded Element AI, a world leader in enterprise AI. Philippe holds a PhD from University of Montreal, was a researcher at University of British Columbia and spent the last 20 years honing his technological and leadership skills, including half a decade at Google.
On the show, we spoke about:
- Working on machine learning during the early days
- Our addiction to our devices and how that was the motivation to start Waverly
- Building the first natural language based recommendation based engine
- Striving for product-market fit
- How people will choose their algorithms in the future
Philippe is one of the most impressive technologists I know. He has huge ambitions and is looking to make a dent in the way we consume information in a positive way. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would you like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org