This week’s guest is Andy Mauro, CEO @ Automat.ai. Automat.ai is a conversational marketing platform that uses AI to allow companies to have personalized one-on-one messaging conversations with their customers to better understand them and help find the products and services they care about. The cofounders and team collectively have over 50 years experience and 17 patents in the fields of speech recognition, natural language understanding, virtual assistants and AI. Automat has received investments from Relay and Real Ventures, the Slackbot fund, USAA, Comcast Ventures and You & Mr Jones.
He’s obsessed with improving the state of the art and wants to help create a world where technology lets us have conversations that are impossible today.
We had a great conversation about conversational marketing and chatbots. We spoke about:
- His path to becoming an entrepreneur and founding Automat
- The current hype cycle around conversational marketing
- How he thinks about strategy for Automat
- The important question of market timing
- Where he sees the opportunities for growth and how the big platform players are not the only ones that will win.
Andy is a technical founder that can also simply explain his vision and where he wants to take this company. I learned a ton about conversational marketing, I hope that you enjoy the conversation.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org