Currently, Gabriel is leading ops and growth at Mission. They’re building the best market network for software engineers to work as independents. Supporting them with a platform to help teams build more effectively, opportunities to work on meaningful long-term missions, and a community of like-minded peers.
Previously Gabriel was COO at Bus.com, overseeing growth and product. He helped navigate the company through a rebrand, major product pivot, and multiple rounds of growth capital.
Prior to Bus.com Gabriel was part of the founding investment team at Real Ventures where he invested in over 200 early stage startups through the fund and their accelerator program FounderFuel. He also led the development of the firm’s own internal software and initial platform to support portfolio companies.
Having left and come back to his hometown Montreal, Gabriel has become a key instigator in the growing local startup scene. Launching several community initiatives including tech blog MTLinTECH, Startup Drinks Montreal, Startup Open House, and Notman House.
On the show, we spoke about:
- Importance of the software engineer
- Genesis of Mission and its model
- Building the best online environment for independent engineers and product builders to work.
- The concept of marketplace 3.0
- The importance of culture and learning in attracting elite level engineers
- Building the Canadian tech community