After spending 17 years of his professional life in the industrial packaging industry, Jordan Arshinoff Foss founded obibox (formerly Xpedigo) with his brother-in-law Paul-Henri Erhard in November 2016. Initially conceived as a technology platform applied to parcel delivery (last mile), the entrepreneurs quickly developed an operational side in order to test the technology developed by their technical team. The company enjoyed some success from 2016 to 2020, but it was in the midst of a pandemic that obibox took off. Today, they are 4 founders, have more than 70 employees, 6 pan-Quebec sorting centers with more than 350 delivery partners. They also have a fleet of 20 100% electric trucks with a goal of being carbon neutral by 2030. They presented their full climate action plan to the industry a few weeks ago. They offer a home and business parcel delivery service, 7 days a week, same day and next day service. They work with companies such as Altitude Sport and Cookit. Jordan Arshinoff Foss is co-president, responsible for strategic business development.
On the show, we spoke about:
- Genesis of Obibox and how they shifted their business model
- Merging with Tecor transport
- Developing a climate action plan
- Roadblocks and opportunities in electrifying their fleet
- Being a tech enabled operations company
- The potential future market with their software product