Ashley Werhun is the CEO and Co-Founder of Mentorly.com, and is on a mission to make mentorship accessible, and reliable to all. Mentorly is a cloud-based mentorship solution for businesses and organizations looking to invest in their people and help them soar. Ashley leads all things growth: B2B sales, marketing, positioning, fundraising and long-term vision. With many hats, Ashley is a leader who puts culture first. She strives to build an organization where each team member thrives because they are trusted and have the space to be their authentic selves. Prior to co-founding Mentorly, Ashley spent 10+ years touring the world performing with BJM Danse, Ballet BC and Trey McIntyre Project. She also was a development liaison, where she was the bridge between donors and artists. It was on tour when the large mentorship gap in the creative market became apparent and she started her journey into building a start-up.
On the show, we spoke about:
- The path from elite level ballerina to startup entrepreneur
- Lessons from performance art world
- What does it take to have a successful mentor- mentee relationship
- The Mentorly business model and growth strategy
- Helping organizations with their people science function