David is the founder and managing partner of Boreal Ventures, Quebec’s first early-stage venture fund dedicated to deeptech. Areas of expertise include industrial technologies, artificial intelligence, enterprise SaaS, semiconductor, computer vision, IoT, medtech, cleantech and energy.
Prior to founding Boreal Ventures, David worked at BDC Capital where he helped manage a $135M early-stage venture fund.
David initially started his career working in various engineering functions for Bombardier, Kraft and Toyota before transitioning to management consulting and strategy at KPMG-SECOR, where he supported executives on investment decisions, strategic planning and post-merger integration.
David also co-founded the Comité de Consultation en Gestion de Polytechnique (CCGP), a student-run consulting organization supporting strategic decision-making at start-ups, not-for-profits and established businesses.
On the show, we spoke about:
- The skill of closing the gap between engineering and business
- How we strong engineering talent right here in Quebec
- De-risking investments at an early stage
- Why he started Boreal Ventures and how they partner with Centech
- His vision of making Canada a leading innovation center across the world
David is well on his way in building a world class venture capital firm. I’m grateful that he took the time to chat and share his insights