Samuel F. Poirier is the first French Canadian to be named a Thiel Fellow. Samuel founded his first company when he was 14, where he would import minerals from several countries to Montreal. At 18, Poirier founded the first debit card for Bitcoin. He cofounded Retinad, is an analytics platform for virtual reality that helps VR companies understand how users are interacting with their platform. He now leads Seahub, which is an OTA helping consumers book cruises online.
On the show, we spoke about:
- His obsessive nature
- How he started building companies at a young age
- Space exploration and Fermi’s paradox
- How he obtained a Thiel fellowship
- The importance of mentorship
- How Seahub is transforming an old sector with a new distribution model
Sam is a bright young entrepreneur that has already achieved so much in a short period of time. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org