On this week’s show, we spoke with Ben Rodier, COO @ Salesfloor. Ben is the Co-Founder of Salesfloor, a retail technology company. Thousands of store associates from some of the biggest names in retail use Salesfloor to create their own version of their retailer’s e-commerce site, offering customers a new and personalized way to shop online.
Before launching Salesfloor, Ben was Vice President of Shopper Marketing and Digital Media at Mediative (formerly Ad Splash Media, acquired by Yellow Media in 2010). He was responsible for the growth of the company’s North American portfolio of retail media partnerships, with brands including Best Buy, Toys”R”Us and Walmart. Prior to Mediative, Ben was responsible for business development and digital media at Canwest Media and Global Television Network.
Ben’s accomplishments in marketing and advertising include a Shopper Innovation Award from Strategy Magazine and he was featured in Marketing Magazines Top 30 Marketing Professionals. Ben holds an MBA from Queen’s University, and a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Marketing from Concordia’s John Molson School of Business.
We had a wide-ranging conversation on several topics:
- His successful exit from AdSplash Media and how that led him to co-found Salesfloor
- The challenges of the retail industry and how Salesfloor is helping retailers solve a crucial problem
- How the team at Salesfloor manages to keep the product vision intact
- The team’s six month planning cycle
- Ben’s focus on the innovating around the store experience
- The key technology trends he’s keeping his eye on
I’ve known Ben for a few years during his time at AdSplash Media and he is a very talented individual. I always learn a ton when I talk to him. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at email@example.com