Thor Conklin is an entrepreneur, profitability consultant and host of his daily Peak Performers Podcast. 2017 marks his 17th year as an entrepreneur. The first company Thor created was a global risk management consulting firm that served the private equity community. His top 15 clients had a combined revenue of US$12.7 billion and operated in over one hundred countries worldwide. His background in risk management, served him well when he lost one third of his team in the World Trade Center attacks on 9/11. Since that time, he has started, bought and sold several multi-million dollar businesses, making him a sought after resource for entrepreneurs and executives in all stages of business.
Thor and I went deep on several subjects:
- The important decisions he made in his career
- The tragic story of losing a large part of his team on 9/11 and the lessons he learned as a result
- How he transitioned from the private equity and M&A world to consulting
- His tested framework: figure out what you want, create an efficient and effective plan, make a decision, commit)
- How human connections will play an even deeper role in the future
Thor has a tremendous amount of experience as an entrepreneur. He has a clear vision on how businesses should grow. I hope that you learn something as well.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org