On this week’s show, we spoke with JF Marcoux , General Partner @ White Star Capital. Jean-Francois has 20 years of experience in managing start-ups and investment projects. He was the co-founder of Ludia which was acquired in late 2010 by Fremantle Media, a leading global TV producer. Prior to co-founding Ludia, JF held senior positions in mergers and acquisitions, financing and venture capital.
We spoke about
- WhiteStar’s global approach and how they help their portfolio
- Why not focusing on Silicon Valley makes sense
- JF’s insistence on focusing on fewer opportunities but going deep
- They were an early investor in Dollar Shave Club #InstantCredibility
- Their Medium blog
- Companies in their portfolio worth checking out Freshly, KeyMe, Mnubo
White Star Capital flies a bit below the radar but they have a darn impressive track record. I really enjoyed this conversation and learned a lot from a great investor.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org