On this week’s episode, we had the pleasure of speaking with Jay Ferst, Managing Partner @ Ferst Capital. Jay is a multiple-times CEO and co-founder of Canada’s leading early stage FinTech VC firm. He’s an internet pioneer having founder his first startup back in 1994. We had an extremely interesting conversation around FinTech, entrepreneurship and strategy.
On this episode, we spoke about:
- The origin story behind Ferst Capital and why Jay decided to move into venture capital
- The current state of FinTech and some of the challenges they are facing
- The three planes of FinTech
- How Jay plans his day / Creation – Decisions and Networking
- Timeless leadership lessons he learned
- How he helps his portfolio think about strategy and focus
I really enjoyed this conversation and learned a ton from Jay. He was very generous with his time; I hope that you enjoy it as well.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org