On this week’s show, we had the pleasure of speaking with Jean-Nicolas Guillemette
General Manager @ Uber Montreal. After studying in China and graduating from HEC Montreal with honours, Jean-Nicolas joined the consulting firm Secor in 2007. He then completed his MBA at INSEAD and went on to co-found, in 2010, his own company TransacXion, a fintech company.
In 2013, Jean-Nicolas joined Uber and launched the Montreal market as General Manager. Since its launch over three years ago, Uber Québec has experienced exceptional growth, with hundreds of thousands of active riders and drivers connecting for ridesharing services.
- Uber’s challenges in the Montreal market
- His current priorities in growing the local market
- What key metrics he looks at on regular basis
- The challenges of a marketplace business
- What he’s excited about in the company’s future
Needless to say that Uber is one of the world’s most innovative companies and this conversation was a real pleasure. Jean-Nicolas is a driven entrepreneur bent on succeeding in this market. I really enjoyed learning about how he’s running the business. I hope that you do the same.