Joe is a worksite safety entrepreneur. He started his career as a mariner and quickly moved up the ranks to become Chief Mate at McDermott International. He saw an entrepreneurial opportunity to help prevent workplace incidents and decided to launch his own startup.
He co-founded Opslock which builds tools to save lives at work.
Opslock is empowering employers to proactively avoid disasters by revolutionizing the way activities are planned, monitored, and controlled. Their platform allows even the harshest and most remote operations to go completely paperless, ensures OSHA compliance, while machine-learning and predictive analytics get the right information to employees at the right time – enabling smarter, safer operations.
They raised financing from world class investors and are growing quickly.
On the show, we spoke about:
- How he became a master mariner
- Moving up the ranks and eventually became second in command upon a large ship
- Starting Opslock and seeing the opportunity in worker’s safety
- How he met his co-founder in unusual circumstances
- The massive global market for their product
- Raising funding from the world’s top investors
Joe is on the verge of building a truly global business. He’s deeply passionate about his industry and shared some great insights. I hope that you enjoy the conversation!
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org