On this week’s show, we spoke with Isaac Souweine, Partner @ Real Ventures. Isaac invests in early-stage, Montreal-based companies as part of Real’s Orbit strategy. He is also GM of FounderFuel, Real’s accelerator, and is the partner lead for Front Row Ventures, Real’s student fund. Prior to joining Real, Isaac built a career as a product leader and company builder at high growth startups (Sonder, Frank and Oak) and large tech companies (Yahoo, Scholastic). He also has a long track record as a mentor, organizer, and ecosystem builder. A husband and father of two, Isaac believes Montreal is the perfect city to raise a family while building a world-class startup ecosystem.
We had an amazing conversation that covered the following topics
- How he transitioned from a religion/philosophy background to the world of tech startups
- The utility of argumentation and story telling
- The vocation of being a product manager
- How he transitioned to venture capital and what he’s learned so far
- What it takes to build a vibrant startup ecosystem
- Real Venture’s investment thesis
- Isaac on Twitter
The conversation was so interesting we could’ve spoken for hours. I really enjoyed Isaac’s viewpoints. I hope that you do as well.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at email@example.com