On this week’s show, I had the pleasure of speaking with Ashkan Karbasfrooshan, CEO @ WatchMojo. Ash is one of the most successful entrepreneurs I know, yet he doesn’t flaunt it. Ash is the Ernst & Young 2015 Entrepreneur of the Year winner in the Media & Entertainment Category for the Quebec region.
He has a track record of launching, building and scaling content companies with advertising-supported models:
– His previous company sold to News Corp.
– WatchMojo bootstrapped itself to leadership position & profitability in online video market:
WatchMojo is a Top 10 YouTube channel globally when measured by views (over 250M), and a top 5 channel when measured by minutes of content watched (over 1.6B minutes in fact).
We had a wide-ranging conversation on the following:
- How he founded and grew WatchMojo to 15M subscribers on YouTube
- Why he didn’t quit when the going got tough
- His literary influences in business and their importance
- How he’s betting on Facebook for the next big thing
- Some advice for entrepreneurs to follow (hint: bet on what’s coming)
Ash was very generous with this time and insights. He’s incredibly humble despite having built one of the most successful brands on YouTube (of all time!). I hope that you enjoy the conversation.
Let us know what you think. What types of guests would like to see on the show? What topics interest you the most? Send me your thoughts at email@example.com